Serious Fitness Lab B.V. respects the privacy of its visitors to the website www.seriousfitnesslab.com and app Serious Fitness Lab, in particular their rights regarding the automatic processing of personal data. We have therefore formulated and implemented a policy on complete transparency with our customers regarding the processing of personal data, its purpose(s) and the possibilities to exercise your legal rights in the best possible way.
If you require any additional information about the protection of personal data, please visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens): https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl.
1. Website (hereinafter: "Website") seriousfitnesslab.com; App (hereinafter: “App”) Serious Fitness Lab
2. Party responsible for processing personal data (hereinafter: "the controller"): Serious Fitness Lab B.V., established at Meierijsingel 11, 5262JV Vught, The Netherlands, Chamber of Commerce number: 82918872 .
Access to the website and app
Access to and use of the website and App are strictly personal. You will refrain from using the data and information of this website and app for your own commercial, political or advertising purposes, as well as for any commercial offers, in particular unsolicited electronic offers.
Website and App content
All brands, images, texts, comments, illustrations (animated) images, video images, sounds and all the technical applications that can be used to operate this website and App and more generally all the components used on this website and App, are protected by the laws on intellectual property. Any reproduction, repetition, use or modification, by any means whatsoever, of all or just part of it, including technical applications, without the prior written permission of the controller, is strictly prohibited. The fact that the controller may not take immediate action against any infringement, cannot be considered as a tacit consent, nor of a waiver of any right to prosecute the infringing party.
Management of the website and App
For the purpose of proper management of the site, the controller may at any time:
suspend, interrupt, reduce or decline the access to the website for a particular category of visitors
delete all information that may disrupt the functioning of the website or conflicts with national or international laws or is contrary to internet etiquette
make the website and app temporarily unavailable in order to perform updates
1. The controller is not liable for any failure, disturbances, difficulties or interruptions in the functioning of the website and App, causing the (temporary) inaccessibility of the website or App or of any of its functionalities. You, yourself, are responsible for the way you seek connection to our website and App. You need to take all appropriate steps to protect your equipment and data against hazards such as virus attacks on the Internet. Furthermore, you are responsible for which websites you visit and what information you seek.
2. The controller is not liable for any legal proceedings taken against you:
because of the use of the website or services accessible via the Internet
3. The controller is not liable for any damages that incur to you or third parties or your equipment, as a result of your connection to or use of the website and App and you will refrain from any subsequent (legal) action against the controller.
4. If the controller is involved in a dispute because of your (ab)use of this website or App, he is entitled to (re)claim all subsequent damages from you.
Collection of data
1. Your personal data will be collected by Serious Fitness Lab B.V. .
2. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’).
3. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
4. The personal data that are collected on the website and App are used mainly by the controller in order to maintain a (commercial) relationship with you and if applicable in order to process your orders. They are recorded in an (electronic) register. The data we collect is your name, gender and age. We do this to find the right training schedule for you and to make your experience more personal. Your email address we collect to contact you and for, among other things, sending you your password, in case you forget it. Finally, we collect your IP address, for example to calculate the time zone you are in so we can send you an email at the time you exercise; data about your activities on our website and app; location data to, among other things, display the app in the right language and what kind of device you are using.
Sensitive personal data we process
Our website and app does not intend to collect data on visitors under 16 years of age. In fact, you must be at least 16 years old to use our app. When creating an account, you agree to the terms and conditions, in which you declare to be at least 16 years old.
For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
To handle your registration and/or payment after you have taken out a subscription
To email you if necessary to perform the service you have purchased or to notify you of new content or offers.
To deliver services you have purchased.
To inform you about (changes to) our services that you have previously purchased. You can always unsubscribe via a link in the relevant e-mail.
To send newsletters to which you have subscribed.
To create an account for you after you have registered.
To provide you with personal training schedules and a personal environment.
To tailor our range of services to your preferences based on your surfing behaviour. We only do this with your permission.
To measure the effectiveness of our advertisements through tracking data.
We also process personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data we need for our tax return.
Your rights regarding information
1. Pursuant to Article 13 paragraph 2 sub b GDPR each data subject has the right to information on and access to, and rectification, erasure and restriction of processing of his personal data, as well as the right to object to the processing and the right to data portability.
2. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. Each request must be accompanied by a copy of a valid ID, on which you put your signature and state the address where we can contact you.
4. Within one month of the submitted request, you will receive an answer from us.
5. Depending on the complexity and the number of the requests this period may be extended to two months.
2. If any information is necessary in order to obtain access to certain features of the website, the controller will indicate the mandatory nature of this information when requesting these data.
Collected data and commercial offers
1. You may receive commercial offers from the controller. If you do not wish to receive them (anymore), please send us an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can unsubscribe using the link in relevant mail.
2. Your personal data will not be used by our partners for commercial purposes.
3. If you encounter any personal data from other data subjects while visiting our website, you are to refrain from collection, any unauthorized use or any other act that constitutes an infringement of the privacy of the data subject(s) in question. The controller is not responsible in these circumstances.
The data collected by the website operator will be used and stored for the duration stipulated by law and no longer than necessary. Two examples: if you choose to cancel your account, this data is immediately deleted in our active systems. The data remains available in our backups for a maximum of 30 days. Those backups are stored encrypted, so the data in them cannot be edited, and they are only accessible to a small group of people within Serious Fitness Lab on a limited basis. Invoices, on the other hand, we are required by law to keep for 7 (seven) years.
Sharing of personal data by Serious Fitness Lab with third parties
We share your personal data with business partners and third parties if this is necessary to execute the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. In some other cases, we also share your personal data with third parties, but only with your explicit consent. We conclude a processing agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf, in order to guarantee the same level of security and safeguard the confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for this processing.
Furthermore, Serious Fitness Lab will never sell your data to other companies in order to make you offers that are not about Serious Fitness Lab. Of course, we hope that more and more people will start using our app. To reach new readers, we therefore use the (marketing) services of third parties, such as Facebook. This does not mean that we sell your data, but that we provide data so that these parties know who they should or should not approach for marketing campaigns from us. For this purpose, we use hashing, a technique to provide data with third parties without disclosing your data.
We use the following suppliers who process personal data on behalf of No Strong Stories with each of whom we have processor agreements: Apple and Google for payment processing.
Google Analytics and Firebase
We have entered into a processor agreement with Google. The data we collect in Google Analytics and Firebase are anonymised and encrypted. So-called 'data sharing' with Google is off.
We have also entered into a processing agreement with Mailchimp. This agreement only applies to those who are subscribed to our newsletter. You can unsubscribe from this at any time, independently by pressing unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter or sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
How we secure personal data
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to counter abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. However, please note that, despite our efforts, few security measures are impenetrable. If you feel that your data is nevertheless not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have taken the following measures to secure your personal data:
Servers and devices of our employees are equipped with up-to-date security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
We only send your data via secure internet connections (SSL). You can tell this by the address bar 'https' and the padlock.
2. We use the following types of cookies on our website and App:
Functional cookies: like session and login cookies to collect session and login information.
Anonymised Analytic cookies: to obtain information regarding the visits to our website and App, like numbers of visitors, popular pages and topics. In this way we can adjust our communication and information to the needs of our visitors. We cannot see who visits our sites or App or from which personal device the visit has taken place.
Tracking Cookies: like advertising cookies that are intended to show relevant advertisements. By using these cookies we may deduce your personal interests. Thus (other) organisations may show you targeted advertisements when you visit their website. Tracking cookies make profiling possible and treat categories of people differently when targeting advertisements. Tracking cookies usually process personal data.
3. Specifically, we use the following cookies on our website and App:
Facebook (tracking cookie)
Google Adwords (tracking cookie)
Google Analytics anonymised (analytical cookies)
4. When you visit our website or App, cookies from the controller and / or third parties may be installed on your equipment.
5. For more information about using, managing and deleting cookies for each electronic device, we invite you to consult the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/onderwerpen/internet-telefoon-tv-en-post /cookies#faq
Imagery and products offered
You cannot derive any rights from the imagery that accompanies any offered product on our website.
These conditions are governed by Dutch law. The court in the district where the controller has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction if any dispute regarding these conditions may arise, save when a legal exception applies.
For questions, product information or information about the website or App itself, please contact: Serious Helpdesk, email@example.com.
This privacy notice [version 1.0] is applicable since 01-01-2023